ABOUT EXPRESSIONS CASTING AGENCY
I can’t seem to access some Performers pages?
- Because of Child Protection Laws, you have to aquire a username and password to access child performers. Please contact Expressions office using the contact buttom above.
Is there any hidden fee or yearly administration fee that is required to be paid to join Expressions Casting Agency?
- No we pride ourselves in being one of the few agencies that do not charge yearly administration fees or upfront fees to join. The only fee (Which is purely optional) would be for one of our casting workshop days which are held twice a year. For this fee your child would receive a full days training with our professional staff in all aspects of the Casting process and a photo shoot. There is also the option for your child to join “The Spotlight” yearly.
Do I have to pay for expensive portfolios of photos?
- No, if you choose to attend one of our Casting Workshop days which are held twice yearly a professional shoot of 10 shots with one of London’s top photographers M.A.D. Photography is included in the shoot with also the chosen headshot free to be used by Expressions Casting Agency for casting purposes. If you already have your own professional photos we can also use this free of charge providing that you have full copy write permission from the photographer.
What should my child wear for a shoot?
- Please ensure the outfit is suitable for the child’s age. No low neck lines please and no visable logos on the front of the outfit. Remember with casting head shots for children, Directors like the children to look like children so no heavy make up (if any) for children at all please. Please ensure your hair is styled nicely but in the child’s natural style e.g. If the childs hair is normally straight (and would be straight when attending the casting) then please do not curl the hair. The hair needs to be styled well but naturally. The key to children’s head shot is be as natural as possible. ‘Chocolate box’ style photos are not the fashion in today’s day and age and our clients like to see the children natural.
What is the commission you will take if my child is successful in getting work?
How much notice do you give me to attend castings and where are they?
- Castings are nearly always late notice (1-2 days notice on average) We never have same day castings. The castings are usually always in central London although there are sometimes Manchester casting for Northern and Midlands kids.
Does my child have to live in London to attend the castings?
- Not at all, we represent children from all over the UK. The only thing we ask is that there has to be a commitment that you will be able to attend the castings where possible.
What happens if I donâ€™t attend castings?
- We offer a 3 strike policy, each time a child cant attend a casting with issue them with a strike, after 3 strikes your representation will be reviewed.
Can I join other agencies?
- Yes you are more then welcome to join as many agencies as required.
How will you promote my child?
- We will have full representation at Expressions Casting Agency via Agent File (A computerized Agents package) also your child will be featured on our secure password enabled website. Please note your child’s details will not be held on any other casting website (With the exception of if your child is a member of ’The Spotlight’ when they will then also feature on their secure password enabled site (Optional)
Will I get lots of castings or work?
- There is never any guarantee on the amount of castings or work we can achieve for your child. We cast children wherever possible when they fit the specification required. There could be castings once a week, once a month or once a year, it all depends on what the clients are looking for at the time.
Is my child’s representation limited to a certain amount of time?
- No we represent your child for as long as you require, if a child in unavailable for long periods of times we would require you to notify the office and in the case of holidays. There is no limit to the time Expressions Casting Agency represents your child.
Do you take on new applicants at all times?
- No our books only open twice per year (Winter and Spring) New children are taken on from our workshop days which are held twice a year (Midlands day and London day)
How do I apply?
- Complete the and upload a photo at the end. To help us identify your photo please ensure it has the applicants name in its file name (for instance: Stuartbell.jpg). You may email us a photo if you prefer stating the applicants name in all contacts.
- The application form is also downloadable in PDF or DOC format that you can post to us with a photograph of your child, (a snapshot is fine at this stage) to:- email@example.com
- Expressions Casting Agency
- 3 Newgate Lane
- NG18 2LB
- Tel: 01623 424334
If successful your child will be invited to attend our Casting Workshop day where full training in the Industry will be given and gives our fully experience staff the chance to work intensively with your child.
Please note: (This is not compulsory but recommended)